Long trips: Do you adore them or hate them? They’re essential to getting to the most distant destinations on the earth, and some individuals love them while others hate them. But long air travel doesn’t have to be something to be feared. They can, in fact, be relished if you plan in advance and support yourself with stuff that will aid to pass the time and help you snooze.
Here are top 10 things to do to survive a long flight:
- Power up: Ensure you have all your chargers with you so that you can have all your devices powered up during your flight. Instead, carry additional batteries or an external charging device just in case your airplane doesn’t have electrical orifices.
- Load your devices: Before you board your flight, ensure that all your devices like tablet, laptop and smartphones are full of games, pictures, television shows, songs and books.
- Pack a cushion and a blanket: There are lots of different types of cushions in the market. Discover which one works for you and goes along with it. Consider what suits you and take them along with you as they are the best buddies to carry along on a long journey.
- Dress up in comfortable outfits: The temperature in the airplane is seldom suitable for everybody. You might be subzero while the individual a few rows away finds it too hot. You never know, so it’s best to be set. Wear comfy clothes on a long flight journey and pack some layers so that you can modify as the temperature alters in the airplane. Pack some comfortable socks, too, but don’t go into the restroom just because of your socks feet, wear your shoes continuously!
- Sleeping pills: The primary thing to survive a long flight is being capable of getting some siesta. If you don’t get sleep in a new place, you can go for sleeping pills as this can help you in most of the time. Also, make sure you know everything about the drug you are taking so that you know how to tackle the emergency situation.
- Remember to carry your eye mask: Eye Masks help you build a perfect sleeping background by blocking all the light coming in. Rather than using the inexpensive, uncomfortable eye masks that the airlines occasionally provide in long flights, carry your fleece mask.
- Bring earplugs: Carrying earplugs with you during your journey is a helpful and vital way of getting a good night’s snooze.
- Pack antibacterial wipes: We all know that traveling is always a filthy and exhausting thing to face. So minimalize your possibility of unplanned spreading germs by using anti-bacterial wipes to wipe off your armrests, safety belts, and plates, etc. Using anti-bacterial wipes helps to have a germ-free area that will relax you and make things a bit easier on a long flight.
- Select your seat astutely: If you plan to snooze for most of the journey, the best place is typically next to a window. As window will be the best place to incline beside and you don’t have to be afraid of your seatmates awakening you. But if you think you’ll be wakeful, then get a gangway seat so you can get up and stretch your legs with no trouble.
- Be nice: Last but certainly not least i.e. Be nice. You will be in this long flight together with so many new faces, so be nice to everybody, from the flight attendants to your fellow travelers. Your being nice can make your trip or break your trip. As you have to survive the long journey, be sure to put a smile on your face as this can prove helpful and make a long trip feel short.