An aromatic brunch on a weekday morning is all the anger but let’s face it not all of us have the time to make one particularly during the week. These Sausage & Cheese Breakfast Rolls is a great knockout with the entire kinfolk. Perfect for children, easy to carry in the car, these rolls have become my way to paradise.
If you’re looking for a fresh brunch idea, then look no further. Believe me, you will love this Sausage & Cheese Rolls.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans semicircular one sheet dough
- 10 sausages (fresh raw ones, not precooked) If you can’t find any, then even Italian sausages would make a worthy substitute
- 4 oz. shredded low-fat cheddar crust
- ½ tsp. dry Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. dry garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. crumpled black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg + water
- Take away the sausages from their coverings. Softly run your table knife along the case to cut it and take out the meat while dumping the casing.
- Heat olive oil in an open pan, add all the meat and stir-fry until no longer pink remaining to split up the sausages into small portions.
- Sauté in Italian seasoning, crushed black pepper and garlic powder. Take away from flame and allow to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured place roll out the curved dough sheet. Use a rolling pin softly to form a rectangle around 9 in by 13 in. Cut right the center to split in half. Then cut each half across to make three one and the same squares.
- Fill each square with cheese and sausage and reel it into a very thick cigar. Keep it on a baking sheet creased with parchment paper. Repeat with the rest.
- Make an egg wash by whipping an egg with 1 tbsp. Of water. Brush the reels with this egg wash.
- Roast it for 15 minutes until golden brown.