‘YOUNG GENERATION,’ what comes to your mind when you hear this? They are those individuals whose age is between 13 years old to 25 years old. They are also known as teenagers and are the future front-runners of their nations. Young generation should live a contented yet trouble-free life in their stage of development. But, trouble-free life is just a delusion as there are a lot of complications that is faced by young generation in this globalization age. Here are five problems faced by youth that had been discussed and met by the younger generations themselves:
- Single Parental Household: The total number of single parental households has reliably increased to the point of disaster. There are more than million single parents who handle double the number of their children. Raising a child is mainly a tight financial situation especially when there is only one parent. Frugally, a single parent probably brings a lesser amount of income at home. It connects to rarer chances for vital requirements such as education. Trying to make ends meet takes time, and this is that time that is spent away from kids who need a parental supervisory/effect. With lacking of parent’s hardworking supervision, children become the subject to greater failure, a greater danger of risky sexual actions and pregnancies, higher probabilities of drug and alcohol abuse, etc. It truly needs the diligence to nurture a child.
- Drug/Alcohol Abuse: There was once a time in filmic history where almost every actor/actress was represented on screen with a hand-rolled cigarette. Smoking at that time was a sort of great behavior. Therefore everybody started doing it, including youngsters. As hazard of smoking increased, cool images of smoking vanished. The same happened in the case of drugs and alcohol. These evils are attached to everyday media. Intake of alcohol and using drugs is presented as being cool. Undeveloped deeds are augmented due to being under the effect of drug or alcohol. Drunk driving, poor results and attendance, fierce and anti-social actions and the list continues.
- Growing Up Too Fast: There was a time when teenagers enjoyed being teenagers. Today, even at the initial stages of development, teenagers participate in activities that are far away from their reach and also has severe concerns. Same to what we understand from drugs and alcohol, sexual characteristics are very common and a freely discussed subject. In cinemas, television, the internet, basically in all places, teenagers are bombarded with sexual counsels. Music too plays a guilty part. Songs also have sexual intimations that instigate youngsters to do this. Teenagers nowadays are having sex early at the age of 10 and 11, and this led to increasing in teen pregnancies. The concept of youth has completely exhausted in society.
- Violence in School: Education is the base from which he or she can go into the open world and shape their life. Schools play the chief role in this and, as a result, it is rational to believe that these places of learning are safe shelters for children while they are preparing for their later life. But, it is not the case all time. In many instances, particularly in low earning homes, schools turn out to be a war area. It’s not just minor harassing but somewhat severe violence. Sometimes teenagers were killed because of school violence. They were shot to death and also assaulted.
- Materialism: We live in a culture that encourages materialism and so we continue this particular disorder by teaching this immoral habit to children. We teach them that achievements and contentment in life are how much materials you possess. Teenagers go for those things that are similar what their friends own. We all have the attitude of getting what we want and when we want, and that is inbuilt in us since childhood. The disastrous outcome will be the devastating penalties for such constant actions later in life.