Pizza Pinwheels are easy to prepare and is a perfect after school snack or starter for any get-together or party. With just a small number of ingredients, they get ready in just minutes!
Certainly they’re not just child-friendly, they’re a perfect starter for adults too. You can also add some shredded chicken, peppers cut into cubes, onions, mushrooms or any other ingredient you like.
To prepare this, you need first to smooth out the dough and then have to reel them out on a lightly dusted surface, pinching the layers together. They don’t need to be perfect, just make sure that you won’t drop your filling as you reel them.
Reel it up lengthwise or widthwise, it’s your choice depending on how large you want your pinwheels and how many you want. Cut them into almost one-inch sections and place them on a foil or parchment greased baking sheet. Freeze these rolls for 10-15 minutes before cutting to preserve their shape. They require 12 minutes baking for golden perfection.
Serve these with lip-smacking dips or eat them the way you want. They’re perfect whichever way you consume.
Pizza Pinwheels with Homemade Pizza Sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 can Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Heat up an oven to 350 degrees. Cover it with foil paper and spray lightly with cookery spray.
- Lightly dust a big wooden cutting board. Reel out dough onto the dusted surface, pressing it together as you do.
- Spread pizza sauce equally all over the dough, to the ends.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese and your selected pizza toppings.
- Reel Pizza width-wise starting from the longest side and cover and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Keep this pinwheels on the set sheet.
- Bake it for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees or until it gets golden brown.
- Let it cool down for a couple of minutes then serve with your favored dipping.