Throwing a going away party is a delightful way to say “goodbye” to a group of great friends. Although many individuals feel a bit strange for throwing their farewell party, but it’s perfectly acceptable. It’s an ideal way to start your journey to a new place.
These meetings are little different than anniversary or holiday get-togethers, however, hosting this one requires a little preparation. Here are some farewell party ideas for throwing the flawless goodbye event:
- Decide who and when: The first step in your preparations is fixing a date, time and making a visitor list. Most individuals try to host their farewell parties as close as to their leaving date, but it all hinge on when are your moving plans. If you know, you’re going to be worried about last-minute preparations, then go for an earlier date before you leave. As far as who’s going to attend, ensure you’re inviting anybody and everybody that you want to say bye to. For some individuals this means inviting their complete Facebook friend list while others may only invite a few close friends.
- Register a Location: If you want to throw your farewell party in your area, confirm first about your place whether it will make people feel comfortable or not. You don’t want people standing uneasily in a living room with no fittings. Select your favorite bar or restaurant, bowling alley, or ask one of your friends if they wouldn’t mind hosting at their place.
- Send Invitations Early: If you want to make sure all of your close and dearest friends are going to be there for your send-off, try to send invites three weeks before the event. To make things easy, make a private Facebook event and send an invitation to your friends from there.
- Hit the Dollar Store: A lot of your stuff is likely packed away, so look for the dollar store for inexpensive plastic decorations you can use on one occasion and throw away. While you’re there, select some paper plates and table linen, plastic cups, and even some interesting plastic serving plates to keep fries and appetizers in. Cleaning up the mess after the party will be the easy task to do.
- Include Local Stuff: Food or drinks that are local to the area you’re leaving are a great addition to any going away gathering. Select some beers from nearby breweries you love and dessert course from a bakery you’ll miss when you leave.