A fast and yet stress-free exotic dessert course of sugar-sodden chocolate sponge squash in and covered completely with an intense and delightful chocolate truffle frosting! The deep chocolate flavor of this cake is sufficient to satisfy the guests. It will enhance the magic by spending a little time on the decoration and enhancing. Beautify the Chocolate Truffle Cake and present it to your visitors. It will even make them ready to miss the main course for this tempting sweet!
Setting Period: 1 hour
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 min
Makes 1 cake (6 wedges)
1 eggless chocolate sponge cake
For Chocolate Truffle Icing
2 cups African chocolate
1 cup fresh cream
To be mixed For the Soaking Syrup
4 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup beat cream
1/2 cup grated chocolate
For chocolate truffle icing
- Heat the fresh cream in a non-stick sauce pan on an average flame for 1 minute, however stirring constantly.
- Turn off the flame. Add the chocolate and blend well till the combination is smooth, and no lumps appear. Keep it aside to cool for 2 minutes.
How to proceed:
- Cut the chocolate sponge cake parallel into 3 equal layers.
- Place the lowest layer of the cake on a disc spinner or a serving platter, sprinkling half the sodden syrup equally over it.
- Spread the chocolate truffle frosting uniformly above it and sandwich it with another layer of the sponge cake.
- Sprinkle the sodden syrup over it again.
- Spread the truffle frosting equally over it.
- Continue the above steps with the last layer.
- Garnish with whirls of grated chocolate and store at a low temperature for 1 hour or till it sets.
- Cut the cake into 6 equivalent slices and serve chilled.